Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Song Of The Day: Gorillaz - Stylo (Alex Metric Remix)


My apologies for yet another staggered post. Here's another remix of an otherwise popular song from 2010, which I prefer to the original. When Stylo was released as the first single off Plastic Beach, I was initially underwhelmed. It was nice to see the collaborations going into the album, and while I knew this wouldn't be one of my favorite tracks once I heard a preview of the remainder that release, it has since grown on me. This remix is brought to us by Alex Metric, a British producer and resident DJ on BBC's Radio 1. Though I had heard his name, I had not heard any of his music until recently a friend of mine repeatedly played this Alex Metric remix of another recently popular song. Since last Thursday I'd been exploring his music and found that I personally enjoyed his remixes to most of his original tracks that I was able to find, and of all of those, this was easily my favorite.



*Image Courtesy of Virgin Records

No comments:

Post a Comment