Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Friday (5/13) in the 'Burg: Blondes (DJ Set) @ Brooklyn Bowl

What better way to get freaky on this upcoming Friday the 13th than with some late night, live electronica. I definitely owe this one to my neighbor, Brooklyn Bowl, for informing me of this upcoming event. I couldn't find a lot of information about the group, but Blondes are a livetronica duo, Zach Steinman and Sam Haar, who met at Oberlin College. They released their debut EP "Touched EP" in the spring of 2010, it includes 5 tracks, my favorite at the moment being "Paradise City," a rolling, synth-laden track that is ambient and danceable at the same time. I would be lying if the cost ($5), and the parenthetical subtext (DJ Set) weren't the first things that peaked my interest, but after seeing this video on Brooklyn Bowl's event page, I knew I had to go check them out. Will post a review following the show.

Blondes - Paradise City

No comments:

Post a Comment