Thursday, July 19, 2012

Return from Hiatus - New Video: Lorn - Diamond

It's been about 5 months since my last post. Certain responsibilities in my day-to-day life had made it difficult to explore and share music in the way I used to when I began posting here, but I am resolved to return to the blogosphere and share as much of the new music I have uncovered, and many of the experiences I have had as well.

To start, here is a new video for the song "Diamond" off the album Ask The Dust by the U.S. artist Lorn.


Lorn - Diamond from mase on Vimeo.

My first exposure to Lorn were the remixes he did for Amon Tobin's songs "Hokkaido" and "The Clean Up" in 2011's Chaos Theory Remixed. The release showcased various Ninja Tune's artists, including Lorn, Daedelus and ESKMO, remixing tracks from Amon Tobin's 2005 critically-acclaimed soundtrack for the video game Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory. Ninja Tune also recently curated a tent at the EDM-focused Camp Bisco Eleven on July 12-14 in Mariaville, NY, featuring numerous artists from their roster including Amon Tobin: ISAM, Daedelus, Bonobo, Blockhead, Starkey, FaltyDL and Hot Sugar.

Ask The Dust was released on Ninja Tune on June 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment