Friday, July 20, 2012

Remixes I Like Better Than The Originals - Part 2

Today I will share the second part of what I hope to be a recurring series of remixes that I like better than their original songs.


Foxes - Youth (Adventure Club Dubstep Remix) vs. Original


Adele - Set Fire To The Rain (Plastic Plates Remix) vs. Original


BassNectar - Voodoo (Beats Antique Remix) vs. Original


Foster the People - Houdini (RAC Remix) vs. Original


Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) - Bibio Remix vs. Original


Special Consideration
Avicii - Levels (Skrillex Remix) vs. Original*


*Note that the now well known vocal hook from this song was sampled from Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold on Me," and was previously sampled by Pretty Lights in the 2006 track "Finally Moving." Pretty Lights used the same sample again two years later in "Finally Moving Remix," and again in 2010 in "Finally Moving James Brown Remix." It boggles my mind that such a great original hook was sampled in not one, not two, but three good songs from a solid artist, but never became widely known until it was used in a shitty house song in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment