Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Release: Kill the Noise - Roots Remixed EP

Two years ago, Jake Stanczak, aka Kill the Noise, teamed up with Craze to form Slow Roast Records and put out their first release Roots EP. Today as a tribute to this original EP, they are releasing Roots Remixed EP, featuring remixes from Kill the Noise, as well as Brillz, Torro Torro, Codes, Will Bailey and Kastle Slow Motion.  Here is a release from their website:

"Just over 2 years ago Craze and I started Slow Roast Records together to share both our own music and music we believe in from rising stars all over the world. Our first record release was my "Roots EP". I worked my ass off on that record! I wrote half of it in my hometown, ROchester, NY, and half of it as soon as I moved out here to Los Angeles. That record is special to me for a lot of reasons, mostly because it marked the moment I decided to start taking my music production much more seriously. Obviously it also marked the beginning of Slow Roat Records and my partnership with Craze. I decided that it might be fun to revisit "Roots" and get some others involved too! It's no exaggeration when I say that everyone involved in the making of "Roots Remixed" is a friend of mind! We've all spent time out on the road together or in the studio over the course of many years. That really makes this all the more meaningful!"

In addition to 2010's Roots EP, Kill the Noise also released the single "Kill Kill Kill" in 2008 on Nitrus Records, 2011's Kill Kill Kill EP on Skrillex's Owsla Records, and collaborated with Korn & Skrillex on 2011's "Narcissistic Cannibal." Kill the Noise's style has evolved steadily from Deep/Electro-House to Dubstep, as his following has grown considerably in that time. It is always interesting to see how an artist like hones their sound over the course of a few short years. Below you'll find a sampler of the remixes from the upcoming release: 


Roots Remixed EP is available today on Beatport.

No comments:

Post a Comment