Friday, April 22, 2011

Review: Delorean Live @ Brooklyn Bowl 4/21/2011

It had been a while since I'd been to Brooklyn Bowl, though considering it's proximity to my apartment and a failed promise to myself to go there at least once a month, I accepted my brother's invitation to see the band Delorean. Neither of us knew anything about the band, but when his friend Dave described them as "trance pop," I became very intrigued. When we entered, the venue was packed, and people were handing out 3d glasses. They introduced the band with two 3d music videos that were pretty cool, even without the glasses.

The band sounded like a blend of Passion Pit (minus the falsetto) and Cut Copy, which is to say, a disco-influenced, alternative synth pop, slightly less 80's sounding than many of their contemporaries, but I could certainly see how someone would call this trance pop. I wasn't able to dig up too much information about the band, other than that they're originally from the Basque Country in Barcelona, and they were originally a punk band. Their eponymous debut album sounded much less like punk and more emo than I would normally care to listen to, but their more recent albums sound more like this:

Delorean - Real Love


Delorean - Deli

No comments:

Post a Comment